- From Calico Cottage Heritage Complex, head west toward Roma on the Warrego Highway for 200m.
- Turn left onto Wallumbilla Southern Road and continue over the railway tracks for 4.8km. If you need to grab a bite to eat before setting off on the drive, stop into the Federal Hotel on the left.
- Turn left on the Yarrawonga Road. Stop off to see the Wallumbilla Station Heritage site to the left in 4km.
- Travel for a further 900m. Look out for the Yarrawonga station on your right – the largest Santa Gertrudis Cattle Stud in Australia. Please note, it’s private property so there’s no entry.
- In 2.4km, stop in to see the Yarrawonga Provisional School historic site.
- Follow the road for a further 1km. Continue left on the Six Mile Lane for 8km (unsealed). Stop in to see the Pleasant Fields State School Historic Site on the right.
- In 400m turn left onto the Yuleba-Surat Road, continue for 9km to Yuleba.
This drive contains both sealed and unsealed sections and is recommended for high clearance vehicles only and should not be taken if the road is wet. Sections of this road may not be suitable for caravans.